Friday, July 5, 2013

If I had a million dollars.....


 
   Tonight's the night the $50,000,000 ( as well as 2-1 Million prizes) are up for grabs in Lotto Max. I got to thinking what would I do if I was lucky enough to win even just one of the million dollar prizes? So I decided to grab a calculator, sit down, research prices, and think about it. It is really fun to dream & wish!

First of all I'm sure I would be so excited and have feelings that are unexplainable, I think I'd want to try ( key word try) and stay normal and not change my life completely. I'd want to remain the same person and continue my life without others judging me on the fact I won the lottery. Actually I would try not to tell anyone that I won, and try to space out my spending so it's not super obvious, and of course still use coupons and look for deals.

How would I spend it? That's a very good question!
First I think I would give my parents some money to pay off bills, Then I would set aside money to pay off my student loan so I can pay it soon after I graduate. Alright there's the top two for sure. Then I would go house hunting and buy a house (can't live with parents forever :( ), buy some 'necessities" for the house, a nice stainless steel double door fridge with water & ice machine and a freezer drawer, a nice black & stainless steel electric range, oh and I will need to do laundry, so how about a nice washer and dryer set. Hmmm....what next? I think I'd like to go out and buy some "Thank-you" gifts for some friends and family. I know my mom would really love a Dyson DC-42 animal vacuum, and I know that our current vacuum DOESN'T suck ( seriously it doesn't pick up anything!). HMMM What to get for dad, he always seems to be the hardest to buy for! of course I could buy him some golf balls and my normal go to stuff, but come on if I had a million dollars I have to choose something way better than that! OH! I'd buy him a laptop! His got stolen years ago and I have noticed recently he has been coming home for a few minutes to look something up then leave and drive back to wherever he was. I've heard some good things about HP laptops recently too! Then for my sister & close aunts and uncles id go and buy them something special maybe at least $100 each?  Alright who's next?  My two best friends! Now, what to get them...do I buy each of them a nice gift? Do I take them/send them away on a trip? Maybe send them on a cruise, I know K wants to go on a Backstreet Boys Cruise :).
Then I think it would be cool to put aside at least a thousand dollars and surprize people by buying some of their Christmas gifts or groceries for them.  Wow a million is actually a lot to spend when you take it easy and think things through! I think I would put some money aside for my dream of adopting a child and the rest I would save for living life fairly normal and for random acts of kindness. I guess I could use some of it to open my own daycare.

If I had a million dollars.......

No comments:

Post a Comment